How to Crack GD: A Step by Step Guide – Best GD Topics
HOW TO CRACK GD?
Hello Uotians, This article is all about How to Crack GD. Group Discussion or GD is a very important aspect on which an individual is evaluated. The GD sessions are conducted along Personal Interview for the selection process of candidates. At the end of this article, there is a beautiful infographic focusing on different Hand Gestures during Group Discussion.
What is Group Discussion?
Group discussion is an interactive activity where different ideas and thoughts are shared. It is not a debate where one is trying to prove his/her point. GD is all about sharing ideas with your group members.
There are multiples activities given below that should help an individual to understand Group Dynamics.
How to Crack GD – The Activity List
Activity 1 – How to Start Group Discussion?
Let me share some tips to open a Group Discussion
1. If you have subject knowledge then open first without any issue because by doing this you will make group speak in direction of your content
2. The opening statement should be descriptive. Describe the topic in less than a minute and open up the GD
3. It is perfectly fine to speak in favour of or against the topic in the opening statement but that should be the last part of the opening statement
4. Never open without having subject knowledge or if you are not enough confident or you will screw it up and lose points
5. Be polite, stay calm and showcase your ideas in a proper manner
Activity 2 – How to tackle negative comments, criticism and counter question?
In a GD, there is a possibility that you face harsh comment from a group member. In another case, your content would be criticized or undervalued. In such a situation, What can be done?
1. Smile at that person and don’t react, control hand movements
2. Don’t try to correct that person, instead of pushing a counterpoint giving other solutions
“I think my Friend has a different thought process which I definitely respect. Let’s talk on XYZ aspect of ABC topic”
3. Person countering you in the wrong manner loses marks + you now have the opportunity to score. Tackle this situation with care or your slightest reaction will reflect that you are unstable under peer pressure
Activity 3 – Apna Time Aayega
Imagine a situation where you don’t get any chance to speak in GD and panellist ask you to Conclude.
1. Now you have the chance to prove your worth in front of panellists. Analyze the content discussed during GD and write down important ones on your page. This has to be done during GD in action mode
2. Now analyze and mention those points along with your unique conclusion. Don’t use the word ‘In addition to’, the conclusion has to be unique and appealing from your end
3. Kindly mention the maximum parameters on the basis of which that particular GD topic can be dealt with
1. Don’t start the GD
2. Don’t ask for the meaning of the topic until someone speaks out. If the topic is not familiar and all the GD members are blank, then the batch gets disqualified or a new topic is allotted
3. There is no particular pattern to apply in this case, if you initiate then your verdicts will decide the flow
4. You can relate the topic to any parameter and throwing statistics will give you an edge
5. Remember to discuss such topics in a broad sense because the panellists are well versed with common answers. Ex. Blue is colour of the sky, Blue was a Multi-Starrer Bollywood movie and a Big Flop on Box Office, etc.
1. Before GD starts, try to normalize the stress level by talking with other students in the team
2. By doing so, you are reflecting 0 ego aspect + gaining some space in their mind
3. Get everyone to plan the gd and strategize to give everyone a chance to speak. ( This works, I have done several times)
4. In a Fish marketing situation, never shout or try to calm anyone. There will be at least one person who is not a part of arguing people. So you got one person to speak, start a discussion with him/her.
5. Getting involved in the fish market will lead to -ve marks
6. The fish market situation is worst to get through but easy to earn points if you understand the dynamics of how people behave in a group.
1. In such case kindly check if your friend is supportive enough to handle GD mutually
2. You get extra points when someone from group agrees to your point, considers your point, in conclusion, backs you up for any statement. So your friend and you should handle it mutually without dominating the GD.
3. If he plays a double game during GD then you are gone so it’s better to go for settlement before GD. Friends turn into hardcore competitors during GD of admission, internship and placements
Aap Kya Sochte Ho?
Reading this article on How to Crack GD? Write your thoughts in the comment section below
Join our Telegram Channel to ensure that you receive updates on our Latest GD Topics